Laser skin resurfacing is a power anti-aging treatment. It damages the skin in a very controlled and precise manner then allows it to heal. The new skin cells that form during healing give the skin a tighter, smoother, younger looking surface.
Laser resurfacing can help wrinkles, acne scars, age spots, face blemishes, stretch marks, scars, sun damage and hyperpigmentation
When to Consider Laser Skin Resurfacing
• If your facial skin is sun-damaged with wrinkling in the cheeks, around your eyes and mouth as well as skin laxity in your lower eyelid area
• If you have sun-damage, wrinkling and color changes on your chest, arms, hands or neck.
• If you have changes in your skin color, such as blotchiness or brown spots
• If you have scars that have made the surface of your skin uneven
• If you have certain precancerous skin growths
• If you have acne scars
Skin needling, also called microneedling therapy and collagen induction therapy (CIT), is a minimally invasive, short down time skin-rejuvenation procedure that involves the use of a device that contains fine needles. The needles are used to painlessly puncture the skin to create a controlled skin injury. Each puncture creates a channel that triggers the body to fill these microscopic wounds by producing new collagen and elastin yielding improvement in skin texture, color and firmness, as well as reduction in scars, pore size, and stretch marks.