If you are going to be heading to a medical spa for your treatments, you first need to make sure that you are going to the right spa! It is important that you know a bit about the spa as well as what they offer before you visit for a treatment of any type. These types of spas are similar to a traditional spa and simultaneously reminiscent of a medical clinic because they have a medical doctor on staff who performs and supervises the spa treatments. They are able to offer a number of different types of services based on the spa. The following are a couple of the things that you are going to want to learn about the spa that you are considering before you make your choice.
Who Runs the Spa?You want to make sure that you know a bit about the history of the spa and who is running the place. All spas that offer medical treatments should have a doctor on staff that is able to oversee the procedures, and who can make sure that the staff has all of the necessary training.
Who Does the Procedures?While the doctor is not going to be taking care of all of the procedures, at least in most spas, you do want to know who will be taking care of your procedure for you. How much experience does he or she have with the procedure? Will other people be on hand in case something goes wrong?
How Does the Staff Treat People?You can often find this information through testimonials, online reviews, and your initial interactions with the clinic. You want to have a medical spa staff that treats you well every time you call or come into the spa. You want to have caring professionals who are going to be able to explain all of the procedures for you and who can let you know how those procedures can help you.
Types of TreatmentsSomething else that you are surely going to want to know is what types of treatments the spa is able to offer. Most of the quality medical spas today are able to offer procedures such as Botox and dermal fillers, chemical peels, brown spot removal, weight control, help fighting hair loss, and more. Get a rundown of the types of procedures the spa is able to offer and make sure that they are able to meet your needs.
Injectable fillers are a popular and simple option for those who want to recapture their youthful looks. It is a nice and easy way to make those wrinkles disappear and fill in the lines around the face. This helps to restore the beauty and contour of your face and skin. The fillers are able to reduce the appearance of smile and frown lines, lines around the lips, and more. It is an easy and a cost effective way to restore that youthful beauty! When one chooses to go into a medical spa for treatment – any type of treatment – it is always a good idea to know what some of the precautions are that you are going to have to take after you have your procedure. In the case of injectable fillers, you will find that you do not have to worry about much. They are a relatively safe and simple procedure that takes only a short time in most cases. In fact, most of the time, the treatment takes only about half an hour or so, but it all depends on the patient and the extent of the treatment. One of the questions that many of the patients who come into the spa have is how soon they can resume their normal activities and whether they can get out and enjoy the fun on Amelia Island. Fortunately, the redness and the swelling that you have after a treatment with these fillers will go away in a short period – generally less than a week, and in some cases it takes even less time. When you have these treatments, you should avoid extreme cold and extreme heat, as well as too much sun exposure in the first 24 hours. This means that if you have a trip to Amelia Island coming up soon, it’s a good idea to come in and receive your treatment a day or so before you plan to spend much time in the sun. After about 24 to 48 hours though, you should start to be feeling back to normal and any swelling that you may have experienced should be subsiding. Using cool compresses will help you with swelling during those initial days. Once the swelling drops, then you can get out and enjoy your time on the island. Since all patients are unique, make sure you ask the staff at the medical spa about spending time on Amelia Island.
Most of the time, when one thinks of Botox/Dysport, they think that women are the only ones who are receiving the treatment. When the technique and the product first became available, this might have been true, but today, you will find a large number of men who are going getting the treatments as well. In fact, estimates show that more than 300,000 men are getting this treatment each year, at least according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
The Popularity is Growing Among MenWomen are not the only ones who want to look good and who want to stay youthful in appearance and it should not be a surprise. With the popularity of the Botox procedure and the fact that it is so commonplace today, it is no wonder that it is gaining popularity amongst both of the sexes. One of the other interesting things about this phenomenon is that it is not only older men who are getting the treatments. Even those who are in their 30s are coming into the clinic and requesting Botox treatment. Some receive spa treatments as gifts and choose to try Botox/Dysport, and others are seeking out the treatment on their own. Men will find that the treatment does offer quite a few benefits. It can help to make them look younger, certainly. It can also help to make them look happier. Often, the wrinkles and lines that form on the face of a man can give them a tour or even angry appearance. A simple treatment can help to get rid of that problem quickly. If you are a man who is considering the treatment, it’s a good idea to know what to expect. The injections are not generally considered painful, but you may have slight bruising at some of the injection sites. Any injection site swelling resembles mosquito bites and will resolve within an hour. You will not see results immediately, but should see some effect within 3 days and they can last for about 3 to 6 months in most cases. Of course, all patients are different, so you will want to speak with your doctor regarding an estimate of how long it might last for you. Those who are looking into getting the treatment should find a local spa that is able to provide the Dysport / Botox from certified professionals. You always want to know that you are going to a specialist whenever you have any type of treatment.
Getting Botox is highly popular today, and more and more people – men and women alike – are heading in for treatments. However, many of those seeking treatment do not take the time to learn about the process beforehand. The following are 10 of the things that everyone should know before they head in for a Botox/Dysport treatment.
- Know the Limitations: It is important that you know what Botox/Dysport will and will not be able to do for your face. While it is able to remove wrinkles and lines on the face, the results vary from person to person.
- Choose the Best: When you are looking for a professional who is able to provide you with this treatment, you really do need to make sure that you are looking for the pro in the area that has the best credentials and reputation This is not an area where you want to skimp on the money!
- Talk with the Doctor: Let the doctor know about your expectations first, and listen to his or her answer. If they tell you that the results you expect are not possible, it’s important to know and understand this before you continue with a treatment that is going to underwhelm you.
- Know the Side Effects: The side effects are generally going to be mild but you can expect minimal, short lived swelling and redness, and commonly a slight amount of bruising.
- It Takes Time to Show Results: Even though the process doesn’t cause too much pain, and it can heal quickly, you will find that it still takes several days for the Botox/Dysport to show you real results. Schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks before any event in which you want to look your best.
- Beware Your Meds: Some medications, such as aspirin, can thin the blood. Fish oils have this effect as well. When you take them, it means that your bruising is going to be more severe. You should stop taking them a week or two before the procedure, unless your physician says otherwise.
- Know the Cost: Talk with the medical spa about the full cost of the procedure early on in the discussions.
- Keep Upright: After you have the injection, make sure that you are in an upright, standing or seated, position for at least 3 or 4 hours so the Botox/Dysport stays in place.
- How Long It Lasts: Botox/Dysport treatment lasts 3-6 months after which you start to see motion again in the treated areas. To maintain the beautiful effects of Botox you may want to have another treatment or touch up within that period.
- How Long It Takes: While all patients are different, you are generally going to be in and out of the medical spa within an half of an hour to an hour at most.